I have been a full-time wedding photographer since 2006 and from the beginning I have always aimed to create a tangible legacy for my clients. As a former bride with literally 2 printed photographs from my own wedding (and they are embarrassingly bad and unflattering photos), I know how important the wedding photography is for you….it is something that you cannot do over. In the end, a camera is just an expensive paperweight; it is the person behind it that creates the image and provides the experience.
So, in a nutshell, here is the experience you have will with me as your photographer. I have been perfecting your experience for 11 years and hunger to provide you with a stunning visual legacy from your most special day that you will love for a lifetime.
- Please email or use the contact form to tell me about you and your day. I will work hard to respond to you within 24 hours. I limit my wedding photography commissions to 15 per year so that I can give the best service to those 15 couples; please contact me early for Saturday weddings.
- It is best to meet on Skype or in person to see if we are a good fit. I am generally a relaxed person and can help the shyest people open up for the camera…and living in Ireland for 10 years (and married to an Irish guy for 14 years) has made me a bit of a joker, prepare to laugh during your session! I am happy to share a full real wedding gallery during our consultation.
- When you are ready to book, I will send out a contract to be signed online by the bride and groom and me. I can definitely “cc” your planner or parents on the contract so that they have a copy. 1/3 of your contracted package is due immediately as your non-refundable reservation fee. I hold the weekend free for you and never photograph more than 2 weddings per weekend.
- If you have an engagement session booked, we will chat about the perfect place and I can advise you on what to wear. It will take 3-4 weeks to deliver your edited photographs.
- Approximately 6 weeks before your wedding, I will send out a questionnaire for you to fill out about your day. I can include your planner in this questionnaire as they might be able to help with timings or questions.
- If you have booked me for a wedding weekend, I will arrive the day before or the morning/afternoon of your Welcome Dinner. I will photograph your Welcome Dinner mostly candidly, but please do pull me aside for any group combos that you might want to have.
- On the wedding day, I will most often arrive for the preparation. Please have the room nice and tidy and all details ready for me to photograph. During the wedding day, I will photograph approximately 25% as lightly-directed fine art portraiture. I often use analogue medium format film for this stage as I like the timelessness of this medium and the depth to the image. These are the images inspired by Art History and paintings in museum that I am known for.
- I recommend to have a First Look and to have all of your family and wedding party “formal” groups done before the ceremony. This way it frees up time for you to enjoy more of your cocktail hour. But, I understand the desire to see each other at the aisle for the first time too…just make sure that you have included enough time with natural light after the ceremony for those photographs (at least 90 minutes).
- 75% of the day is then candid “reportage” style photography. These are the moments that experienced photographers are experts at catching (because they have done it many times before and know when to look out for them). My clients love these images so much because the real tell the story of the day in an authentic manner.
- It will take me approximately 6-8 weeks to fully edit and deliver your wedding gallery. I will send you a link to a private password-protected online gallery where you can view the images, share them, and even purchase prints from my favorite professional photo-lab. I will also send you a link where you will be able to download these images to your computer. If you have ordered any products, then it will take a further 4-6 weeks to receive them once the designing is done.
- I love to do blog posts and include some of my wedding photography commissions on my website to inspire future couples. I also submit some for feature in a wedding magazine or blog (attention to details and unique cakes/flowers/stationery/fashion are the ones that are accepted for publishing).
- The best Thank You I have received from my couple is an online review and a referral to a couple looking for their perfect wedding photographer. I am so happy that you choose me to capture this very special day in your lives and I value your trust in me.